Fact and Fiction

Thoughts about a funny old world, and what is real, and what is not. Comments are welcome, but please keep them on topic.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Winter has come

Here is a photo showing the view from my house this afternoon. On a clear day you would see hills/woods/fields in the middle distance of the photo. But yesterday and today the snow monster visited instead.


I live way up on the side of the Malvern Hills facing the prevailing weather, so I get more than my fair share of the weather when it comes. The depth of the snow is nearly twice what it is in regions neighbouring my microclimate.

I was going to go out for a snowy walk on the Malvern Hills, but decided not to when I saw how deep the snow was. So I have now spent a couple of days holed up in my house, because my car is notorously difficult to drive in snow (it is a heavy BMW with an automatic gearbox) and I would never get it back up the hill driving from work to home. I have put my time to good use creating some tutorial material to help people at my place of work understand all about the research that I have been doing for the past 20 years. Somehow I think the effort will not be as worthwhile as I had initially hoped it would be.

I must get out and play in the snow before it disappears, which the weather forecast says will happen over the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 9 May 2007 at 17:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi steve,
i really admire your blog. keep up a good work.

admirer

 
At 9 May 2007 at 20:49, Blogger Stephen Luttrell said...

Thank you for your support. I haven't been blogging for a while because I am going through "choppy waters" right now, so the muse has deserted me, but I will resume eventually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home